Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduling question

anjanj
edited September 2013 in General
How can I make the following scenario work?:
We are going to do Latin on Tuesday through Friday only.
On Tuesday we learn the new rule, learn the grammar, and watch the lesson on dvd.
On Wednesday we will review the rule and vocabulary, plus start the worksheet.
Same idea for Thursday and Friday. Each day has different, but related assignments.

How can I schedule that four days a week for 32 days? I have tried several methods, and I will just be way too sad if I'll have to actually type each thing in each week. There has to be a (relatively simple) way to do all of that in a recurring format.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Comments

• I'm not sure if all of your Latin assignments will come from the same curriculum, or from an eclectic mix, but here's what I would recommend:

1) First generate a batch of assignments that will be completed on Tuesdays, using the appropriate section of the Latin Curriculum, and explaining the work to be done in Directions, i.e. "Learn the new rule, learn the grammar, watch the lesson on the DVD."
    Use a starting sequence # of 1 and a sequence interval of 4.

2) Next, generate a batch of assignments that will all be completed on Wednesdays, using the worksheet as the assignment type, and further directions in the "Directions" section. Use a starting sequence # of 2 and a sequence interval of 4.

3) Similarly, generate batches of assignments for Thursdays and Fridays, using starting sequence #s of 3 and 4 accordingly, and maintaining a sequence interval of 4. When you are finished, your lesson plan might look something like this:

1 Lesson 1 Latin
    2 Exercise 1 Latin Worksheet
    3 Activity 1 Latin
    4 Quiz 1 Latin
    5 Lesson 2 Latin
    6 Exercise 2 Latin Worksheet
    etc.

4) Once your lesson plan is fully developed, you can use "Auto-Assign" in the Assignment Calendar to assign "Weekly." Select the correct Tuesday you wish to start, and be sure to only check Tue thru Fri as possible school days. It should work out that all your Tuesday assignments (Sequence #s 1, 5, 9, etc.) will fall on Tuesdays, your Wednesday assignments (Sequence #s 2, 6, 10, etc.) will fall on Wednesdays, etc.

If you will be using multiple resources for each day's assignments, it gets a little more complicated, but you can use decimal numbers in the Sequence # to indicate that certain assignments must be done on the same day. For instance, on Tuesdays, if you want to generate one batch of assignments for the Latin curriculum (starting sequence # of 1) and another batch for "Watch DVD," you can use a starting sequence # of 1.1 for the DVD series and OLLY will automatically assign Sequence #s 1 and 1.1 to the same day.

I hope this helps . . .
  • Hi Jamie,
    It makes sense. Now I'll try it out. Thanks!
  • Hi Jamie,
    It makes sense. Now I'll try it out. Thanks!
  • edited September 2013
    Oh, darn, that would have saved me a lot of trouble with my own Latin plans a few days ago. Thanks for advice for the future, though :-D
  • What do I do if I do this and then want to add a couple more weeks to it?
  • You can always add more assignments to the end of a list of previously created assignments. Just make a note of the last sequence # used, and when OLLY asks you for the "Starting sequence #" be sure to enter something that will come after your previous assignments.